Okta Identity Provider Setup
This document describes the steps to configure Okta as an Identity Provider to integrate with CYDERES. CYDERES will act as the SAML Service Provider or "SAML SP".
Adding a New Application
- Log in to your Okta organization admin console.
- Click on the Applications link in the upper navigation bar.
- Click on Create New App button.
- In the dialog that opens, select the SAML 2.0 option. Now click the Create button. If you do not see this option, make sure you are using the Classic Okta UI (instead of the Developer Console).
- In General Settings enter an App name for the SAML application (CYDERES Chronicle Inbound SAML). Then click the green Next button.
- In SAML Settings paste the Single sign on URL and Audience URI (SP Entity ID). These two values will be provided by CYDERES during the SSO portion of on-boarding.
In the Attribute Statements section, add three attribute statements:
Claim Name Value FirstName user.firstName LastName user.lastName user.email
In Feedback step select I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app, and This is an internal app we have created. Click Finish.
- The Sign On section of your newly created CYDERES Chronicle Inbound SAML application appears. Keep this page open in a separate tab or browser window. You will return to this page later in this guide and copy Identity Provider metadata link (To copy that link, right-click on the Identity Provider metadata link and select Copy).
- In a new tab or browser window, click on the Assign button and select Assign to People.
- A dialog titled Assign CYDERES Chronicle Inbound SAML Application to People will appear. Type your username into the search box, select the Assign button next to your username.
- Verify the user-specific attributes, then select Save and Go Back.
- Click Done to exit the assignment wizard.
You will need to send the Identity Provider metadata from step 9 to CYDERES in order to allow CYDERES to add your Okta instance as an IdP.